One of my good friend introduced me to Clarisonic back in 2009 winter when I suffered severe breakouts on my skin.
Though the whole idea of sonic cleansing dragged all my attention, the heavy price tag was a turn off for me!
$149 or 6700 INR !!!! for a cleansing brush!
Seriously guys at first I had no idea buying a cleansing brush for such a huge price, I was scared because I was not sure if it would work on my skin!
Since at that point of time I had serious breakout issues with my skin I started using Clinique 3 step skincare routine. To give a quick background on my skin type, I have a clear combination skin with oily T zone and have never had any such skin issues in the past.
Clinique routine made a lot of difference on my skin. It not only controlled my skin breakouts but it also gave a new glow to my skin J
That was the time when my friend told me about the clarisonic cleansing system. She was using it for a while and she was totally satisfied and somehow convinced me that it was worth all the money!
Finally after a lot of thinking, I bought this little wonder for a heavy price of $167 (yes I paid $18 more for shipping since I was shifting to a new place and I wanted this to be delivered the next day, which I felt was ok at that time)
Since then there has not been a single day that I missed using this little wonder!
|See how compact and handy it is 🙂|
|Brush head – closer look|
|Yes 🙂 I personalized my Mia with my name 🙂|
|Brush head other side|
|Left: New/unused brush head —- Right: Old/used brush head|
|Clarisonic cleansers – I got them for free !!|
|This is how you connect your charger to Mia 🙂|
What is Clarisonic Mia? Source: Clarisonic website
Clarisonic® is an innovative Sonic Skin Cleansing System consisting of a rechargeable electric handle unit, and removable brush head, which use a sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to cleanse the skin. It was developed by a team led by Pacific Bioscience Laboratories, the primary inventor of the Sonicare® toothbrush.
The company claims that the Clarisonic sonic skin cleansing not only cleanses the skin, but also helps reduce dry patches, blemishes, and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Clarisonic cleansing is tested and recommended by dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons and aestheticians.
Cleansers to be used:
It is safe to use Mia twice a day as part of daily skincare routine. The kit comes with a sample clarisonic cleanser but we can use any cleanser of our choice, I use Clinique liquid facial soap J
As a word of caution, if you use another cleanser, always make sure to test it with the Sonic Skin Cleansing System on your forearm prior to using it on your face. Some cleansers, including those with acids and few with mechanical exfoliants such as microbeads or shells, may irritate your skin when used with the Sonic Skin Cleansing System.
Recommended skin types:
The brush heads are available for both sensitive and delicate skin types.
Do not use the Sonic Skin Cleansing System if you:
· have heightened skin allergies
· have an extreme sunburn
· have open wounds or open lesions
· are taking medication that can cause skin sensitivity
· recently had a facial cosmetic procedure
· have pustular acne, or serious sensitive–skin disorders and/or infections
Types of clarisonic cleansing systems available in market:
The following comparison chart shows the types of clarisonic cleansing system available in the market along with their price and basic difference.
The clarisonic Mia Kit Includes
Cordless Clarisonic Mia
Compact pLink® International Charger
Sensitive Brush Head
1 oz. trial size Gentle Hydro Cleanser
Usage per the user guide:
If you use makeup, remove your eye makeup first by hand.
Wet your skin and the brush head with warm water.
Liberally apply cleanser to your skin or to the brush head.
Push the on/off button to turn your Clarisonic on and gently move the brush using a small circular motion, beginning on the forehead, then moving to the nose/chin area and the cheeks.
Pressing too hard will impede the motion of the brush and reduce its effectiveness.
The outer brushes are designed to contain any residual mist from the brush oscillation, so be sure to hold the brush head flush to your skin.
To pause the cleansing cycle for up to 30 seconds, simply press the on/off button.
Mia will automatically shut off after one minute.
The Mia handle is waterproof for use in the shower or bathtub.
Once a week remove the brush head and wash the handle using warm soapy water to remove any residue buildup.
The rechargeable battery life of Mia is 20 minutes and Mia comes with a one year warranty J
– Revolutionary Sonic technology which is gentle on skin and effectively removes dirt and makeup and leaves you skin super clean!
– Since our skin is exposed to pollution whole day we need clean up the pores and remove the oil and dirt caused by the pollutants from our skin before applying a skin care product, only then any skin care product would get absorbed to your skin! So cleansing with Mia helps to clean up pores in just a minute J
– The skin feels soft and smooth after cleansing with Mia, it does not irritate my skin!
– Compact and travel friendly
– Can be used with any gentle cleanser
– Comes with a one year warranty
– Mia handle is waterproof and can be used in bath tub or shower!
– Can be personalized with your name/initials J
– Price !!!
– The company recommends changing the brush head every 3 months, but I personally feel it all depends on the usage! My brush head lasted me for more than a year, I am being honest, I use it just once after returning from work! It was more than sufficient for me! Beware Brush heads costs a lot J
– Though it comes with an universal charger, I still use a converter, not that it does not work without one but I was little scared to try it with Indian electricity J
– Availability in India, don’t think they ship worldwide! But you can always buy them from ebay india here!
Except these I do not see anything negative about Mia.
Check this video by Clarisonic, it has all the required information!!
Final word: If you can afford to invest huge on your daily skincare routine! Go for it! I bet you will not regret J
Have you used the clarisonic cleansing system before? If yes please share your thoughts in the comments section below J
Take care and Thanks for reading J