Hi all J
Today I will be reviewing a makeup remover from the brand Lakme. My very first makeup remover was Maybelline Eye & Lip makeup remover, which is still my favorite, but the reason for getting a new makeup remover was that Maybelline one was specifically made for eye & lip makeup removal, not for face makeup. Therefore I needed one to remove face makeup too, and then I checked various websites, studied reviews, and zeroed down on this one because this offers almost all the things I needed in a makeup remover (Eye, Lip AND Face) + was affordable as compared to other makeup removers.
This twin-phase makeup remover has a unique formulation that gently but thoroughly removes all kind of makeup, including long-wearing makeup.
Price : INR 295/- (Available for INR 274/- from Cosmetix.in here)
Quantity : 120ml
Shelf life : 2yrs
Directions to use:
- Shake well.
- Saturate cotton pad and gently sweep over closed eyelids, lip and face area.
- Rinse with cool water.
Ingredients: (I know its difficult to read white colored font with pink thing in background :-/ )
Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Isohexadecane, d-Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylyl / Capryl Glucoside, dimethicone, sodium Chloride, disodium EdTa, dipotassium Hydrogen Phosphate, fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, dmdm Hydantoin (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.
One thing – If you have extreme sensitive eyes, then this might sting you badly, cause it stings my eyes soo much, that I hardly use it to remove any of my eye makeup. If it goes into my eyes, that’s it I need to wash my eyes there and then, although my friend also has this remover, and I’ve never heard her complaining this. So maybe it’s just my sensitive eyes. But for the rest of the face, and lip it works perfectly, no complaints at all.
Also the packaging is super practical, is sturdy enough, and haven’t messed up my vanity till now (PS. Maybelline eye & lip makeup remover’s packaging is a bit faulty, that it ends up leaking if its not kept properly). It can be carried away in your luggage too if your travelling, or you can easily slip it into your bag on normal days. The Spray mechanism is also excellent, as it dispenses/sprays enough amount onto the cotton ball, and if you over saturate the cotton, the remover will start dripping off, hence small amount is enough to work on.
- Efficiently removes any makeup, and leaves no traces behind.
- Best used if saturated cotton is left on the target area for 10-20 seconds.
- A little amount is enough to swipe off the makeup, a little more for larger area.
- No need to tug or pull, especially in case of eye makeup removal.
- Hygienic & sturdy spray bottle.
- Worth for the amount we get.
- Stings (or may sting) sensitive eyes.
- Has citrusy/fruity fragrance (I had to put it into cons, cause I don’t understand the need of fragrance in makeup remover, especially when its supposed to be used for delicate area such as eye)
- Even after makeup removal, you need to wash off your face to ensure that there’s no trace of oil.
I would most probably buy it again for makeup removal (not for eye though) because this is cost efficient as compared to all other makeup removers + affordable as compared to Lakme’s new Absolute Bi-phased makeup remover.
Which is your favorite makeup remover ?? J
This is my favorite makeup remover upsie <3 works perfectly well on me 😀 Great review <3