“From every blush that kindles in thy cheeks, Ten thousand little loves and graces spring To revel in the roses.” – Nicholas Rowe
From Literature to movies, romance to envy! Blush(ing) has played a vital role in every women’s life!
Rouge also called as Blush, as a cosmetic is very important in any makeup routine, as it enhances and defines the cheekbones, it gives the user a more urbane sophisticated and classy look!
A Good blush is always hard to find!
Some key Points to be noted while choosing the right blush!
– Skin tone –For cool undertones use a blush with blue pigments; For warm undertones use a blush with yellow or gold pigments! Keep in mind your eye and hair color as well, while on the lookout for the right blush!
– Experts suggest exercising for several minutes and then checking your face to get a feel on how a natural blush would look like for you! Choose that shade to get the natural blush look J
|An Excellent Illustration from MUFE website for all your reference!|
– Blush type – cream/powder -Remember cream blushes blends well but eventually fade away, powder blushes have more lasting power and should be applied in one direction to avoid streaking!
– Blush application – fingers/brushes – controlling the right amount of blush does the whole trick! If you are going for a cream blush then use your fingers for better results!
Rule of Thumb! – Smile while you wear your blush J apply blush just outside the most accentuated part of your cheeks! Blend it well until it fades away gradually!
– For subtle look – apply blush under your foundation!
– Never use blush on underside of your cheekbone!
Here is my review on Avon true color blush in shade Raspberry!
This is my first Avon blush and I bought this shade as it was a little darker compared to the other shades and seriously I wanted to experiment my blushing skills (!!)
Per Avon, these blushes are silky smooth powder, absorbs shine and ideal for oily skin. Color stays true for hours!
Price and Quantity:
Rs.399 or $8 for 6.23 g
Shades available at the moment:
Hibiscus – #17009
Mad about Mauve – #17011
Raspberry – #17010
Molta Mocha – #17012
I feel the shade names Mad about Mauve and Raspberry has been swapped and printed incorrectly in the above booklet picture! But I just confirmed the same in current month’s catalogue picture which I have given below for your reference.
A little on the color!
A dark raspberry shade with subtle golden shimmer! A little (I mean a very little) is enough to cover the cheeks and get the natural finish! The shimmer is hardly visible when applied on face and I love the way it gives a little ‘oomph’ to the face! Be careful, a tad bit more may give you a clown like look! So practice well before you head outside with this blush on J
IMHO not suitable for all skin tones! This will suit best for fair to medium skin tones.
- Smooth and silky texture and blends like a dream!
- Stays put for hours together!
- Classy and sturdy packaging!
- Very soft and good quality brush, which was a total surprise for me!
- Quantity, this will last for a long time!
- Big handy mirror J
A very good blush but not suitable for all! If you are a beginner, I would suggest you to choose Mad about Mauve or Molta Mocha!
MNBR Rating : 4/5
Have you guys used Avon true color blushes before? If so which is your favourite shade? Share your thoughts in the comments section below J
Take care and Thanks for reading! And yeah Happy Blushing J J
Have you guys entered my first giveaway? If not check here! Just 7 more days to go! so hurry up guys J